The Music expierence

The Music expierence
I love the life I have been given, I just do not love the body in which I live it. I am a prisoner, handcuffed to food. I want out. It's time to take control and maybe this is my way of doing so. I have never blogged nor did I intend to. Somehow I thought this might help me in my journey. I want to shed pounds. I have tried every diet known to man, yet somehow...I get heavier. So heavy in fact that it is now difficult for me to find energy to do anything let alone attempt to work out. Follow me through my journey and maybe, just maybe I can make it to my destination with your support. I will talk about everything that is on my mind, not just issues dealing with being heavy. I am going to talk about whatever is on my mind. Some things may be really personal, and some things may be funny but nothing is off limits for me....hope you can hang with me... I would love for you to be with me.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yo Yo Yo Yo......Cream, cookies, pies and THUNDER THIGHS...:)

How many of you crave Ice Cream? I do. I would have to say it is currently my biggest weakness. I think I have found a healthier substitute though...well, I know I have. We have this frozen yogurt place next to walmart called Green Apple Yogurt that sells tons of different flavors of frozen yumminess. For 90-150 calories per 4 oz. you can enjoy all kinds of different flavors. White chocolate macadamia nut, chocolate peanut butter, butter cream,  NY cheesecake, triple Berry, red velvet cake, raspberry, dolce caramel, irish mint and more.............of course the no sugar added flavors are a better choice for me and they dont make me feel....sticky icky. I think I have found my favorite. No sugar Added Raspberry with fresh raspberries....can you say O-M-G? It tastes so sweet and tangy and it gets me right where I need to be without all of the guilt. This one is only 90 calories per 4 oz so I splurge and get 8 oz total with the fresh berries. PERFECTION!
Another item that has me all twisted up in its yumminess it the chocolate peanut butter icecream sandwiches by Skinny Cow. They are 150 calories but are worth every tasteful bite and are a guilt free pleasure for me. I love peanut butter, but the calories kill me. It's nothing for me to slap on a ton of PB on a piece of toast or eat it directly from the jar. Although it has tons of protein, it is high in fat and calories as well as carbs. Friggin deliciousness...it just teases me. I have been avoiding it like the plague but the other day when i hopped off the wagon...my son had a pb sandwich that he didnt want anymore so what did I do.........yup...I ate it. Every spectacular bite of it...and I wanted more. Thankfully I did not because I would have really been in trouble...lol
That reminds me, I was thinking about Christmas and thanksgiving the other day and couldnt help but day dream about my lemon chiffon pie that I adore that my gram makes every year...so......
I know that the holiday season is approaching us quickly and If you are anything like me, you bake and make all kinds of goodies and EAT them all too.... I want to enjoy this season and not feel like a complete cow. So, along with my tip of the day I will post healthier versions of our favorite holiday goodies...If you have any....please share! Again, I thank you for following me and I hope I can be of some help to some of you, just as you are to me. Me Ruv U rong tine! :)
~Malisa

 WEIGHT-LOSS TIP OF THE DAY:

If you find your will power is overpowered by a full bag of potato chips sitting in the pantry, avoid buying the full-size bags altogether. Get the single-serving bags (just be sure to buy one at a time, not the variety box) to head off binges.



 This recipe is for  lower fat and lower calorie chocolate chip cookies! Super yummy and you can make even more adjustments if you like.
 
Prep Time:50 min
Start to Finish:50 min
makes:3 1/2 dozen cookies

3/4cup granulated sugar ( use SPLENDA instead and save on calories and sugar)
3/4cup packed brown sugar
1/2cup butter, softened
1/2cup canola oil
1teaspoon vanilla
1egg
2cups Gold Medal whole wheat flour
1teaspoon baking soda
1/4teaspoon salt
3/4cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips                        
1.Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, oil, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
2.On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
3.Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until very light golden brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.                          

3 comments:

  1. please bubba don't use splenda, or nutra sweet or any of those chemicals! It is really bad for you, not calorie wise but chemical wise! Please try stevia extract in powder it is natural and sometimes even organic, and it taste better than splenda I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Malisa… are we made from the same mold?? My 3 biggest weaknesses are ICE CREAM, PEANUT BUTTER & OREOS (Double Stuff, of course!)… and oh my, dip Oreo's in PB is like heaven!! I crave all 3… but I am with you on the ice cream, we have a shop down the road called Sweeties that serves only frozen yogurt… they have over 50 toppings though!! I 'usually' don't go for the toppings but love the frozen yogurt. And I also love the chocolate PB sandwiches from Skinny Cow… but I think I should only eat 1 at a time?? I don't have any fool proof tips for you except keep on keepin' on!! I think your on the right path right now & building inspiration for us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get Hagen Das Frozen Chocolate sorbet. Its is very tasty too.

    ReplyDelete