The Music expierence

The Music expierence
I love the life I have been given, I just do not love the body in which I live it. I am a prisoner, handcuffed to food. I want out. It's time to take control and maybe this is my way of doing so. I have never blogged nor did I intend to. Somehow I thought this might help me in my journey. I want to shed pounds. I have tried every diet known to man, yet somehow...I get heavier. So heavy in fact that it is now difficult for me to find energy to do anything let alone attempt to work out. Follow me through my journey and maybe, just maybe I can make it to my destination with your support. I will talk about everything that is on my mind, not just issues dealing with being heavy. I am going to talk about whatever is on my mind. Some things may be really personal, and some things may be funny but nothing is off limits for me....hope you can hang with me... I would love for you to be with me.

Friday, October 8, 2010

day 9: Set your fork down and take your time

Can you spot the carrot that Hayden wanted me to eat...lol
I told him I couldnt eat it and he insisted..
This is my 450 calorie dinner. It was fabuloso. I baked a turkey breast (gresham wal-mart has them and they are pre-cooked and a tad bit spendy (about $9-$10) for a small turkey roast, but no fat and super flavorful) and it was only 70 calories for 2 ounces of meat. Because I needed the protein, I had four ounces...and yes, I weighed it.
 I only had 3/4 cup of carrots because when they are cooked it brings out the sugars and I have to watch veggies and fruit with natural sugars too, because of the diabetes. The couscous was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. for 1 cup prepared, it was around 220 calories. Yes, I put it in a measuring cup and then fluffed it with a fork for the picture. I saved calories by using fat free calorie free crisco butter flavored cooking spray instead of oil or butter so it was actually less, but I always round my calories in case I go over on accident; then I have a little breathing room. I enjoyed a nice sugar free raspberry drink in a large wine glass with some ice and ate dinner with my kiddos. One thing I tried to do in between bites was to set my fork down until I was done chewing what I had in my mouth. I read somewhere, some time ago that this was a good tip. It made me eat slower and really take the time to chew my food. I am going to give this a thumbs up for a workable tip. Try it. I recommend trying it when you have the time to sit down and actually take the time to eat at a regular pace and not have to scarf your food and run. This is a problem that a lot of us have. No time to sit and eat. We go through the drive through because we dont have time to cook or it takes too much time away from our families or job.....blah blah blah...you know what I mean. We all have our reasons or 'excuses' and as long as we are hanging on to those we can not be honest with ourselves. Myself included. Don't get me wrong, I have had and USED every excuse or reason I know of to avoid eating properly. Truth-be-told...I was too lazy to put out a little bit of effort. It was exhausting just thinking about it. I tried avoiding being honest with myself about how I look and how I feel. If I ignore it, it will go away...right? WRONG...WRONG....WRONG....
I am still fat. In fact, I am a lot fatter than I was two years ago and twice the size I was when I married my husband 5 years ago. This is me, being honest with myself and with anyone who chooses to read this. I am one of those people that cracks jokes about herself before anyone else can because it stings a lot less to hear the truth come out of your own mouth rather than having someone else beat you to it. I really don't hate myself, I hate the way I look. I have no one to blame but myself, so this is me....taking control over the one thing I never had control over before...my weight. There were people that I thought were my friends beginning way back in elementary school that started putting me down and then it became a public humiliation thing...I dont want to put my kids throught that by having the fat mom. I went through enough ridicule and self torture, im not going to put it on my kids too. I hope my honesty and maybe even my tips can help someone else who might be having the same struggles as I have. I love you all!
Thank you for all of you who have been following my blog.
Tonight I am going to make a low-fat lasagna with whole wheat noodles....mmmm I can not wait to eat it! LOL
Have a good weekend people! My weekend will be full of runny noses, cough medicine, barf bags, vicks vapor rub and PJ's...its great to be a mom. :)
Sorry I had to miss the craft day Kim...I really was looking forward to it. Next time!
Malisa

No comments:

Post a Comment