The Music expierence

The Music expierence
I love the life I have been given, I just do not love the body in which I live it. I am a prisoner, handcuffed to food. I want out. It's time to take control and maybe this is my way of doing so. I have never blogged nor did I intend to. Somehow I thought this might help me in my journey. I want to shed pounds. I have tried every diet known to man, yet somehow...I get heavier. So heavy in fact that it is now difficult for me to find energy to do anything let alone attempt to work out. Follow me through my journey and maybe, just maybe I can make it to my destination with your support. I will talk about everything that is on my mind, not just issues dealing with being heavy. I am going to talk about whatever is on my mind. Some things may be really personal, and some things may be funny but nothing is off limits for me....hope you can hang with me... I would love for you to be with me.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Cuz it's the weekend!

Yay! It's friday! That means its the beginning of a great weekend to come.
Before I get into my plans, I have to tell you what my son said to me last night. I came home from school and he was laying on the couch almost asleep so I went and sat next to him to give him a kiss and he said "Momma, I don't want you to leave but I want you to go away"..........my heart sank and I was crushed. My baby, my little man...MY BABY no longer wanted me to comfort him as he fell asleep. He wanted to be left alone. Sniff sniff. At first I just sat there with my bottom lip out as I took another seat farther away from him, but then I actually felt my eyes start to well up. I really felt sad. He wasn't being mean, he said it so gently and kind, but I felt really crushed. That's it. Im pushing the "stop getting older" button!
K, now that I got that off my chest. So, now I can tell you about my oldest daughters excitement this morning. Today is her very first field trip and they are going to a pumpkin patch. She was so excited that she wouldnt stop bouncing this morning. While I was cleaning up dog crap (FRIGGIN BINDI), she was talking about 2000 miles a minute and I was gagging and she was still bouncing and talking about the pumpkin patch. She is so cute, but man...when your trying to hold in your stomach and you cant see cause your eyes are full of water from gagging...its just too much to have little miss sunshine directly behind you. But here is the funniest thing...Dakota asked me how she would know she got the perfect pumpkin. I told her she would know when she saw it that it wouldnt be rotten and she could carry it. Without skipping a beat she said "So, as long as it doesn't smell like Bindi's butt- I could drag it"...I nearly died laughing. now if you don't know already...Bindi is out Beagle. This girl has more gas than shell. As im typing, it doesnt seem as funny as it was this morning but that is cause you couldnt see the look on her face. It was almost pure seriousness. Too cute. I love my kids.

Moving on...........................
I ended the day on a good note with food. I had a licorice snack at school and some wheat thins and was good to go. Those veggie wheat thins are yumm-o, in case you didnt know that. When I came home I had 60 calorie pudding snacks...two of them. It was so good!
I really want to make some of that pumkin bread that was on the post for yesterday. Since tomorrow is family pumpkin patch day...I will get a pumpkin and make some this weekend...I hope. That being said, I think our plans are to go to the patch during the morning afternoon sometime...it has to be after dance class....and then we are coming back and doing the adult time with the maze. Can not wait. Anyone wanna join us? Sauvies Island haunted corn maze...Bwaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa
Have a spectacular weekend people!
Lots of love,
Malisa

Tip of the day:
You can cut the calories of your favorite foods by 50% without changing anything about them -- just eat half. For example, if you usually eat a deli sandwich at lunch, eat half it, but replace your chips with carrot sticks. Still hungry? Before you reach for the rest of your sandwich, munch on a piece of fruit. Produce takes longer to eat and digest than other foods, which means you'll have more time to notice you're getting full. Plus, the added fiber in both the carrots and fruit will help you feel more satisfied, for much longer, than chips would have.

(You can not tell me that this does not look like heaven on a plate....I can not wait to try this!)

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Traditionally, a slice of cheesecake averages about 50 grams of fat per serving, but this one has a fraction of that amount, weighing in at just 5.3 grams per serving.That is a huge difference!
Yield: Makes 10 servings

Ingredients

  • 2/3  cup  (about 3 oz.) reduced-fat chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
  • 1 1/2  tablespoons  melted butter or margarine
  • 3  packages (8 oz. each) nonfat cream cheese
  • 1  can (14 oz.) nonfat sweetened condensed milk
  • 3  large egg whites
  • 2  teaspoons  vanilla
  • 1/2  cup  miniature chocolate chips

Preparation

1. Combine crumbs and melted butter. Pat evenly over bottom and about 3/4 inch up the side of a removable-rim 8-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
2. In a food processor or bowl, whirl or beat cream cheese, milk, egg whites, and vanilla until very smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
3. Scrape batter into pan. Evenly sprinkle batter with remaining chocolate chips.
4. Bake in a 350° oven until cake jiggles only slightly in the center when gently shaken, about 30 minutes.
5. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. Serve, or if making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days. Remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.

Nutritional Information

Calories:283
Protein:14g
Fat:5.3g
Carbohydrate:44g

1 comment: