The Music expierence

The Music expierence
I love the life I have been given, I just do not love the body in which I live it. I am a prisoner, handcuffed to food. I want out. It's time to take control and maybe this is my way of doing so. I have never blogged nor did I intend to. Somehow I thought this might help me in my journey. I want to shed pounds. I have tried every diet known to man, yet somehow...I get heavier. So heavy in fact that it is now difficult for me to find energy to do anything let alone attempt to work out. Follow me through my journey and maybe, just maybe I can make it to my destination with your support. I will talk about everything that is on my mind, not just issues dealing with being heavy. I am going to talk about whatever is on my mind. Some things may be really personal, and some things may be funny but nothing is off limits for me....hope you can hang with me... I would love for you to be with me.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This is what my lasagna looked like

Have you ever grabbed the wrong item at the store and didnt notice it was wrong until you had already put it in with what you were cooking? I did just that this past weekend with my veggi lasagna. I grabbed a lowfat cottage cheese container because it was the small one. I didnt even pay attention to what kind it was. I didnt even know they made it, to be honest. I grabbed cottage cheese with chunks of pineapple. To be completely truthful...i loved it in the lasagna. It added a little sweetness and not the taste of pineapple. I also am in love with my mustard beans. It is so yummy. If you like green beans (fresh) then boil (about 1/4 pound or more) them for about 3-5 minutes on a full boil...be sure to leave a little crunch. Strain them and in a frying pan or wok, add 4 tablespoons of I cant believe its not butter light (its 25 calories per tablespoon) add three to four tablespoons of regular french's mustard, 1 tablespoon garlic powder and black pecker to taste.....um I mean Pepper...ha ha ha There I go thinking about black pecker...um I mean black pepper....oh i give up... :)
Melt the ICBINBL on a medium heat add the mustard and mix well, stirring constantly. Add your seasonings- garlic powder and black pepper. This smell is amazing. Now add your cooked greens and stir them into the sauce and cover for a few minutes then stir again so that they are covered in the sauce. This has got to be the simplest and tastiest sauce I have made and it was just something that I created to be low calorie and flavorful on my fresh beans. I love it and it is surely a special taste. Now, you could go for some extra calories and add the frenches crunchy onions to them for a lovely flavor addition or serve them just like you see in my picture. Either way, they are glorious. You have to at least try it.


So , yesterday did not go so well for me. I turned into the human disposal. Most of the time I didnt even think about what I was doing and that is what brings me to be so honest with you all. I found myself being bored and going to the kitchen to find something to eat. I did not make great choices all day. As if being sick is a reason to fall off the wagon. It is not! I ate that stupid pancake...then I had....crap I cant even remember exactly what I ate yesterday. I can tell you that I ate pizza and fruit roll ups and a garden burger patty and soup and fruit snacks and a peanut butter sandwich...all poor choices. Oh wait, I managed to eat an entire cucumber with ranch...lol it tasted so good too. These are the days that get me to give up. THese are the reasons that I am where I am. Because I keep turning to food for comfort in all ways. Not just when I am bored, but when I am sick too....WTH? I pledge that today is going to be different. It already is. I made the kids pancakes with fresh bananas mixed in......BLAH...me no likey the Nannas.......but it smelled good and it kept me from eating a pancake...lol
 I am going to eat some chicken soup that I made last night for dinner here in a minute because I took my meds and need something on my tummy before I toss my tummy. Ya know.
The only way I am going to get through this is to know that you all are holding me accountable by reading my fumbles and such. I dont want to let my friends down anymore than I want to let myself down. Honestly, I dont want to let you all down more than I give a rip about letting myself down and I should be more focused on getting healthy for me.
So today I am going to end with a weighloss tip. I plan on adding them every day in hopes that I can and will incorporate them into my eating routines....maybe they can help you as well.
I love you all for sticking with me and not judging me in a negative way. Smooches! Its time for me to go fine my place back on the couch with some hot tea and some soup.

Weightloss tip of the day: Don't forget the fiber folks! We need 25 grams of it daily. If you can add more, that works too. Good luck!
Malisa

2 comments:

  1. Good luck lady! We all have bad days! You just have to remember to take it one day at a time. It doesnt matter if you fell off yesturday or if you do tomorrow. Just concentrate on today! If you like pumpkin, try making pumpkin pancakes with whole wheat flour. They are delicious! I make a big batch for me and noah and freeze the rest for quick fix breakfasts. Just toss in the microwave and you got a healthy quick breakfast. Tip when you freeze them either put wac paper between or lay em on a cookie sheet and freeze over night then toss into a ziplock or they will stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip chicky...and I totally know about getting back on the wagon..I got right back up there and ended up having a great day. Do you make yours from scratch?

    ReplyDelete