The Music expierence

The Music expierence
I love the life I have been given, I just do not love the body in which I live it. I am a prisoner, handcuffed to food. I want out. It's time to take control and maybe this is my way of doing so. I have never blogged nor did I intend to. Somehow I thought this might help me in my journey. I want to shed pounds. I have tried every diet known to man, yet somehow...I get heavier. So heavy in fact that it is now difficult for me to find energy to do anything let alone attempt to work out. Follow me through my journey and maybe, just maybe I can make it to my destination with your support. I will talk about everything that is on my mind, not just issues dealing with being heavy. I am going to talk about whatever is on my mind. Some things may be really personal, and some things may be funny but nothing is off limits for me....hope you can hang with me... I would love for you to be with me.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I....Have....NO....energy!...OOOOH DONUT!!!

This cold is killing me. Just as I start to get better, another monster bug attacks. My ears feel like they are going to pop and my chest feels like a pumpkin that has been scraped and carved. This is my pity party and I deserve one at least for a second. K, I'm done now.
How was your weekend? Mine was fun. I got to hang out with family and a couple of friends I haven't gotten to hang with in ages. It was a blast. We went to the haunted house down under the coliseum and stood in line forever. I am such a chicken that everyone else thought it was kinda lame but enjoyed watching me jump and scream. At one point I almost ripped my husbands finger off cause I got so frightened. All he could do was laugh at how lame I am. Me and scary don't work. LOL.
Afterwords a couple of friends, the hubby and myself went downtown to grab a bite to eat. We ate at a food cart that sold GYROS....sooooo good! I ate mine and then I finished Lisa's....cause I am that fat. No, cause I was that hungry. It was cold out and windy and I loved every second of it. Then, to top it off, we went and stood in ANOTHER line for an hour just to get donuts at VOODOO donuts. Honestly, I can't say I was that impressed. I can add a slice of bacon to the top of a maple bar and have it be just as tasty if not more...just sayin'. That was a total waste of calories for me, but now I know that a donut is a donut is a donut. I guess I was expecting something spectacular, but got average. Which brings me to today's recipe. I was going to give you the recipe for low-fat donuts, but thought I would just give you the link instead. I have something more holiday friendly since that is what I have done thus far. Here is the link for the donuts:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Low-Fat-Donuts

Not to change the subject, but I have to take my youngest daughter to get an ultrasound today on her kidneys. She keeps telling me that her tummy hurts and that it hurts to go potty. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about, but I am a mommy so I can not help it. Now that that is off my chest, I will hand over the tip of the day and your holiday recipe.
Have a wonderful day y'all. Oh, has anyone made that pumpkin bread yet? I think Im going to make some today.

Tip of the day: STAY AWAY FROM VOODOO DONUTS....LOL (KIDDING PEOPLE, don't get your panties in a wad)... :)
Keeping a food journal is helpful when trying to lose weight. It helps you keep track of everything that goes into your mouth and body and allows you to see where you need to make adjustments. If it goes in your mouth, no matter the size of the food, it gets written in your food journal. Good luck!

Recipe of the day:
Holiday snacks for the table

  • 1 10 oz can of premium chunk white chicken in water. Do not drain.
  • 2 8 oz pkgs Healthy Choice fat-free cream cheese - softened.
  • 1/2 c fat free sour cream or yogurt if you prefer
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1/2 c of cucumber- cubed
  • 1/4 cup cold peas
  • 1/4 c yellow and red pepper - chopped
For a crowd, double or triple everything.
Procedure:
  1. Mix all ingredients(except the vegetables) with a hand mixer on low speed for about 2 minutes or until well mixed. Make sure you added the water from the canned chicken. You could certainly use fresh chopped chicken and chicken broth. 
  2. Hand mix in the veggies so you don't turn it into a bunch of mush.
  3. Serve with crackers - Low Fat ( I like triscuts and the BIG wheat thins, but any of your favorite crackers will do, just watch the calories)

1 comment:

  1. I am trying that chicken recipe this weekend, that you for keeping it real, praying that God gives you strength for your purpose. <3

    ReplyDelete